New Release: Writing In InDesign CC Producing Books
Released, January 15, 2014 for InDesign CC9.2
By now many of the sites have listed the book. As usual, we are still waiting for iBooks approval. But it’s up at Amazon in print and Kindle. Kobo has it listed. The rest are all in process. The best option for ebooks is the link below where you can get an archive with a downlaodable PDF plus a DRM-free ePUB with fonts embedded. This will enable you to load the book into the ereader of your choice.
Writing In InDesign CC Producing Books
This is a largely rewritten and reedited version bringing everything up to date for 2014. InDesign CC9.2 changes the way we do ePUBs for the better. There are many improvements and some new capabilities which enable us to produce ePUBs on a professional level without the need for messing with the code. Here’s a brief list:
- Now ePUBs with embedded fonts upload directly to iBooks and Kobo
- Lists converted to text now match the indents of the rest of the text and include custom bullets
- Anchored objects can float right or left using text wrap for margin control
- Type can be colored with a gradient
- An index with live links can be added
- Tables of contents can be added anywhere they are needed: formatted with styles & live links
- The Hyperlink panel has gotten much better, easier to use with far fewer bad links
You can purchase the ebook archive of this book here. Writing In InDesign CC producing Books $9.99
The print version will widely available. Amazon has it for $22.01 today.