For self publishers the conversion from Word to InDesign is a huge leap. The goal is a professional look to their book designs, but immediately the problems of typography raise their head. In Word that is not so much of an issue because the typography controls in Word are well hidden and quite limited. But now you can do all the things necessary to communicate clearly, effectively,and beautifully with type.
It is crucial to know the options
- How should I set up my type?
- What fonts will work for me?
- How many fonts do I need?
- How do I style my paragraphs?
- How do I set up my columns, margins, & sidebars?
These and many more questions need to be answered before you can layout and format your new book. The included book, Basic Book Typography, answers most of them. It provides an overview to the whole area of typography so you can confidently proceed with the production of your book. David has been a production graphic artist, typographer, art director, and teacher of these things for over 40 years. He provides you with the answers you need.
Also included: 16 fonts
[a $400 value purchased separately @ retail]
That’s still $189.95 if the four families are bought separately.
- The Contenu Complete family: Contenu Book, Book Italic, Regular, Italic, Book Bold, Book Bold Italic, Black, Black Italic
- The Contenu eBook family: Regular, Italic, Heavy, Heavy Italic
- The Buddy Family: Regular, Italic, Bold, Bold Italic
These are the house fonts used for all Radiqx Press books written by David, at this time. Self Publisher Book Typography & Fonts