The book is available through Lulu now—Amazon and the rest are coming soon.
This revision includes the new features for CS5 that apply to formatting with styles.
Again, most of the revisions are geared toward making InDesign work smoother and more efficiently in your workflow. I’ve been surprised, as always, by how quickly I’ve become addicted to the new version. It’s a really strong upgrade again.
New in CS5
- Simplified object selection and editing
Do almost everything with the selection tool
Direct access to the content of frames
- Live Corner Effects.
Adjust corners individually in layout view
- Easy grid placement
Generate grids with arrow keys: while adding objects
- Track text changes
Only works in story editor
- Paragraphs that span and split columns
Make your lists into automatic multiple sub column listings and so on
- All-new Layers panel
Reconfiguring grouped objects: simply drag objects from one group to another in the Layers panel
- Document-installed fonts
Automatically install packaged fonts (only works for OpenType and TrueType fonts), but it works great!
- Live captions
Generate static or live captions automatically: from image metadata.
- Gap tool
Give drag’n’drop layout control of grids and multicolumn layouts
- Multiple page sizes
Page Selection tool
- Interactive documents and presentations
- Animation panel; Object States panel; Timing panel; Media panel; Preview panel: New panels help you add rich media to Page layouts
- Integrates with CS Review
Online proofing,commented, and reviewing. Excellent resource: but it costs extra by subscription after the first year
- InDesign CS5 pages to Flash CS5 with greater fidelity.